The Pareto principle, also known as the 80/20 rule, says that roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. You’re probably more familiar with the business version of that rule which says roughly 80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients.
BUT DON’T FORGET THE 80%…
The other 80% of your clients that remain are important too. You won’t want to ignore them! Why? Because that 80% of your customers are providing 20% of your sales, and:
20% is still a big number; big enough that you’d miss it if it were gone! Those customers that provide the 20% of your sales may not command the full attention of your marketing budget, but they’re still driving sales your way.
What if a high-value customer leaves you? You’d have to scramble to fill the gap, and if you’ve ignored your replacements (or the other 80% of your customers), they may not be too willing to step into that group of 20% for you.
Remember, your competitors are focused on the 20% too. That leaves a big, untapped market with the 80% that remain!
REVERSING THE 80/20 RULE
So, don’t ignore the 80%!
Social media marketing is low-cost marketing with few risks and enormous potential. It is the perfect way to stay connected with all of your customers, including the often overlooked 80%.
The MI4P Process
This two-minute video will show you how we take you through Our Proven Process. No surprises; no bumps in the road!
It's worked for hundreds of printers just like you; it will work for you, too! Download the MI4P Proven Process PDF below, and follow along.